Friday, December 2, 2011

My favorite lesson.



Oh man, readers. I did NOT have a good night.

So my smoke detector decided to beep at me. All night. Ugh. I didn't get a lot of sleep, and I woke up way too early and have been a zombie ever since. I think the battery needs changing, but far be it from me to change it. I think I'm going to head to work early so I can leave early and (hopefully) take a nap when I get home.

I just hope maintenance can fix this thing because I am made of fail and cannot figure out how to do so myself. Yeah, I tried last night, at 1AM. That did not work. All I got for my trouble was the complete inability to put the cover back on my still-beeping smoke detector. Sigh. Just when I think I've got a handle on this Being An Adult Game, something happens to convince me otherwise. I now appreciate even more Taylor Swift's words at her concert: "Of all the lessons that I've learned in life, I think my favorite is that I know absolutely nothing now compared to what I'm gonna know someday." There is wisdom there that even zombie-Katie can see. Just when we think we've got it all figured out, life throws us something that reminds us, no, we don't. But that's the wonderful thing about life, really. We're never going to have it all figured out. Accepting that -- and seeing the positive side of it -- is part of the Being An Adult Game to me and a big mark of maturity. I know my life would be really boring if I didn't lose at this game on a regular basis. I look forward to seeing what life will teach me next.

... I just wish I'd gotten more sleep before this lesson though. Dear Classroom Of Life: I need my beauty rest to absorb your teachings!


Anthro Asters Everywhere Dress (holy crap I remembered the name when I'm a zombie -- this bodes well for my proposal-writing at work today)
Anthro Looping Lanes Belt
JCrew warehouse cardigan
Macy's tights
DSW shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment