Friday, April 1, 2011

I got an award! And a little outfit for you!

Happy Friday! Now that I'm finally awake, I wanted to thank Terrie so much for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. My very first award, hooray! Thank you so much, Terrie. This makes me so happy. (I'm not gonna lie, I might have squealed in lab.)


When you get the Versatile Blogger Award
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog in your post. Tell seven things about yourself and award seven recently discovered bloggers and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award.

1. For those who may be wondering, my area of science is neurobiology! I do EEGs and study sensory processing in kids with autism.

2. I love Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, and (but you knew this one) Taylor Swift, and if I could only listen to them for the rest of my life, my life would still be pretty happy. But if I could add two more to the list, it would be the Eagles and Billy Joel.

3. I don't have pierced ears!

4. When I'm not thinking about science, blogging or fashion, I'm probably thinking about swimming. I was a competitive swimmer for thirteen years, and I still teach lessons and coach off and on. My events were the 500 freestyle, all butterfly (50s, 100s, 200s, I did it all!), a little bit of 1650/1000 free and sometimes the 100 or 400 IM. I hate middle distance and love distance/endurance. I used to hate backstroke the most, but now I hate breaststroke! Oh, wait. I'm a coach now. I'm not supposed to say that I hate strokes. You won't tell my swimmers, will you?

5. When I'm not thinking about... any of the things in #4, I'm probably thinking about writing. I've written several novels, and most of them happened in less than thirty days. I am a four-time "winner" (read: I successfully wrote 50K words in thirty days) of NaNoWriMo. Currently, there's a young adult horror novel in the works with my sister Ria that I'm super excited about!

6. I was an English and Psychology major in undergrad, and I was originally going to be a lawyer. Then I was going to be a first grade teacher. Then I was going to be a psychologist. Indecisive, me? Never.

7. Sometimes I still stare at my closet and think, "I have nothing to wear!"

I apologize in advance for repeating any of the award-ees that have already been assigned, but I wanted to list blogs I have honestly discovered recently and am loving, so here we go with my seven recently-discovered awesome blogs:

Molly @ Anthromollogies; Jenni @ Found in My Closet; Lori @ Lorispeak; JG at Stuff Jewish Girls Like; Lili @ Relatable Style; Kristin @ Lovely Apidae; and Sil @ Compiling My Closet

ETA: Sil, I tried to comment on your blog, but I am dumb and couldn't figure out how to make the comment interface work, and I couldn't find your email, so I hope you see this post instead!

I hope you enjoy checking out all of these great blogs as much as I have!

With that, I'll leave you with a boring, rainy-day outfit that reflects just how much I need this awful weather to quit it. I hate wearing jeans! My camera died before I could get a proper picture of my boots, but you can find them here, and if you're looking for cute, funky rain boots that will keep you warm and dry, I highly recommend them. I seriously get compliments every time I wear mine, and they've never leaked.

Photobucket
Picture Frame Blouse (Anthropologie)
Necklace: Gift from my sister
Jeans from Penny's (super old)
Rain boots: You can hardly see them, but they are Kamik and you should check them out!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited and I really appreciate the award:)

    I'm with you on #7! I do that too, on a regular basis. I feel like I need some sort of system to organize my clothes better or maybe I should start planning my outfits in advance. I hate rushing around, trying to get ready for work, and then just staring at my closet wondering how in the world it is that I don't have a single thing to wear that day.

    Your work with autism sounds really interesting!

    I am also not able to comment on Sil's blog. I have tried numerous times, so I think there is a problem with her page. Sil - I hope you see this so you can fix it! I want to comment on your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    Thank you so much!!! You are so sweet. Good thing I check your blog everyday. And thank you for letting me know that my comments weren't working (it wasn't you at all, it was all my fault), I had a bug in my template but I just did a quick fix for it and I think they work now.

    By the way, I really enjoyed reading the seven facts about you and also I think that blouse looks darling on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks so much for the award! Wheeeeee :-D The amount of giddiness that stems from it is nearly ridiculous. Plus, I love that I'm not the only one who checks things at work, if I understood you right here, haha. I also didn't know that our fields of research are so related. I'm a psychologist and I work in medical research and on my PhD in that area. And I'm writing a book, too, but you probably know, as much as I whine about that on my blog ^^ Oh by the way, I also have a connection to autism, and today I posted my first participation post for the Light It Up Blue awareness campaign. Yay! Ok, I'll just stop rambling now. One more thing though: I think it is great that we can prove that science and fashion are not mutually exclusive!
    Have a nice weekend and thanks again for the award. I'll post about it tomorrow, but I couldn't help namedropping today already ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not like wearing jeans, but they look very nice on you! Congrats on your first award, too! 40 followers already. Next, 400! :D

    ReplyDelete